Our Halifax Current Account allows you to manage your money 24/7, at home or on the go - a free everyday banking option.
Compare our full range of current accounts and apply online today.
What you get with a Current Account
- Free everyday banking - no monthly fee for maintaining the account.
- Get up to 15% Cashback - earn as you shop with Cashback Extras. Merchant offers and cashback amounts vary
- Contactless payments - pay, tap & go with a Visa Debit Card up to £100. You can now use our mobile banking app to choose a contactless payment limit between £30 & £95. You can also add your card to Apple Pay and Google Pay
- Save the change® - round up your card payments and put the change in your Halifax savings account
- Mobile alerts - to help you keep track of your money
Manage your current account with our mobile banking app
Join millions of customers who use our app for their everyday banking. It's simple, safe and packed with great features to save you time.
- Quick, secure sign in - with the option to use Touch ID or Face ID
- Fast, easy payments - pay people and bills on the go, even people you haven't paid before
- Freeze your card - if you lose it or want to limit how it's used
- Pay in cheques - just do it in the app and save yourself a trip to the bank
- Update your details - no need to call us, change your address or phone number any time in the app
- Call us through the app - we'll know it's you, so we can get right to helping you without the usual security checks
Pay on your phone
You can use Apple Pay or Google Pay with your Halifax debit card to make mobile payments.
Ready to apply for a Current Account?
For more information and terms & conditions for this current account, read the Bank Account Getting Started Guide (PDF, 1.1MB)
For more information about the fees associated for Payment Services with this account please see the Current Account Fee Information Document (PDF, 154KB)
Halifax current accounts and services are offered subject to status. Available only to personal customers aged 18 or over who are resident in the UK.
Whether you can have an arranged overdraft and the amount will depend upon your personal circumstances at the time you apply for one. Any overdraft we agree is repayable on demand.