Change your name

To let us know that you’ve changed your name, you’ll need to go to your local branch.

How to change your name

You can change your name at one of our branches. Please bring the right evidence with you so that we can help.

Change your name after a divorce

If you want to change your name after a divorce you will need your:

  • Divorce papers or decree absolute.
  • Marriage certificate.

You will also need one of the following:

  • Your birth certificate.
  • Deed Poll (not available in Scotland).
  • A copy of entry in the Register of Corrections (Scotland only).

Change your name for another reason

If you want to change your name for any other reason you will need one of the following:

  • Your marriage certificate.
  • A Statutory Declaration.
  • Deed Poll (not available in Scotland). 
  • A copy of the entry in the Registry of Corrections (Scotland only).
  • An amended birth certificate.
  • Your civil partnership registration document.

Find your nearest branch

Other profile and settings guides

You can update other details and settings on your phone or in your internet browser.

Profile and settings

Important legal information


Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Bank of Scotland plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 169628.