We understand your jewellery is important to you
For peace of mind you may want to check the protection you have for your most precious jewellery, designer watches or precious gemstones.
Halifax Home Insurance and Halifax Home Insurance Ultimate are underwritten by Lloyds Bank General Insurance Limited.
- Select the cover limits you need for your high risk items.
- Have peace of mind from knowing that individual high risk items worth more than £3,000 can be specified on your policy.
- Cover for accidental damage is standard for Home Insurance Ultimate, optional for Home Insurance.
- Option to protect your jewellery away from the home with Personal Belongings cover.
What’s not covered
- Single high risk items worth more than £20,000. These may need specialised insurance.
- Theft by guests you invite in to your home.
Limits, terms and exclusions apply, see our policy documents for full details.
Tips for keeping your jewellery safe
Jewellery often tops the list of personal possessions that you want to protect. Your wedding or engagement rings may have a high cost in money terms but an emotional value that’s beyond a cash price. Whether it’s a collection of pearls or diamonds built up by your family or a personal reminder of a special occasion, you want these items to be safe. We’ve put together some tips to help you avoid having to make a claim.
- Keep all your jewellery out of sight and stored securely.
- Lock your doors and windows, even if you’re just out in the garden.
- Consider installing a safe if you keep a fair amount of jewellery at home.
- If you don’t have a safe, find a sensible hiding place. Don’t choose somewhere obvious like a jar in the kitchen cupboard -a professional burglar will check there.
- If you don’t want to keep jewellery in your home it’s worth considering a bank safety deposit box, especially if the jewellery is only worn on special occasions.
- Take photos and keep a record of your jewellery and how much it’s worth. If you don’t have receipts the Guild of Valuers and Jewellers (www.gvj.org.uk) can suggest a valuer in your area who will assess your jewellery for a fee.
- Try to be discreet when wearing jewellery in public places. If moving your jewellery you should store it in a secure, discreet box or bag that doesn’t attract attention.
Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Bank of Scotland plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 169628.