Transfer your existing investments
What would you like to transfer?
Transferring an ISA or Share Dealing Account
How it works
- Simply sign in and complete our online transfer form.
- Once your transfer is complete you’ll be able to see your investments online straight away, we'll also send you a letter to let you know it’s done.
- You won't be charged to transfer in or out of Halifax.
Transferring a SIPP pension
If you’d like to switch your pension to the Halifax there are a number of things you’ll need to consider before starting the transfer.
- Not all pensions are transferable - please contact your current provider first to find out if you’re able to transfer. If you’re transferring a final salary pension worth more than £30,000 then you will need to get independent financial advice. Your advisor will need to sign a Financial Advice Declaration form (PDF, 53 KB) before we can start the transfer.
- Transfer and exit fees - a transfer will cost £60 per pension (up to a maximum of £300). Your existing pension provider may also charge.
- You may lose out on potential pension benefits with your current provider if you choose to transfer out.
- Costs vary between pension providers so it’s important to familiarise yourself with these differences.
How to transfer your SIPP
Our SIPP is administered by AJ Bell.
Frequently asked questions about transferring
Most transfers can be completed electronically. Our usual timescales for electronic transfers of cash and UK shares is around 10 working days. Fund and international shares can take longer.
If your current broker is unable to transfer electronically it can take around 6 weeks for cash and UK shares. Fund and international shares can take up to 10 weeks.
Please be aware, we’re currently experiencing transfer delays of up to 3 weeks to log your transfer and up to 12 weeks to complete due to unprecedented demand for our service.
If you’re transferring funds to us from another broker we might hold a different fund class than the one you hold now. This means we may need to convert your fund into a class that can be transferred, which may be more expensive or could be cheaper. We do this to make sure your fund does not have to be sold as part of the transfer. Once the transfer is complete, we’ll make sure that you hold the cheapest fund class we have available for investment.
What you need to do
- Complete our certificate transfer form (PDF, 45 KB) and a Crest Transfer Form (PDF, 137 KB).
- Sign your completed forms and then post them to us (with your share certificates).
The Stock Administration Department
Halifax Share Dealing Limited
Lovell Park Road
- We can only transfer stock where the name on the certificate matches the name on the account.
- We also recommend that you send your certificate by recorded delivery as we accept no responsibility for the loss of any certificates.
Once your transfer is complete you will be able to see your investments online straight away, we’ll also send you a letter to let you know.
How long does it take?
Once we’ve received your certificate(s) they will be deposited into your account within 15 working days.
Please note that we are unable to accept Irish certificates. For further assistance, please contact the company Registrar directly.