Historic Or Branch Investments

Please remember that the value of all investments can fall as well as rise, and you may get back less than you invest. If you’re not sure about investing, seek financial advice. Tax treatment depends on personal circumstances and may be subject to change.

Click on one of the below links to find out more information on some of our older investment services.

Halifax Child Trust Fund plans have now transferred to Forester Life Limited

Halifax is no longer a provider of Child Trust Fund plans. On 10th April 2020 these plans moved to a new provider called Forester Life Limited (Forester Life). You can find more information about Forester Life’s Child Trust Fund product on their website www.foresters.com.

Online investment accounts opened before 20/02/2023

This section is for customers with an Online investment account with an account number beginning with IH opened before 20/02/2023.

You can continue to use your Online investment as usual. If you wish to get details of your account you can do so by signing in to Halifax Online Banking

If you no longer have access to online banking you can call 0345 835 5726.  Available Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm.

We’ve included below some useful documents and important information about your Online investments account:

Please note the service fee for your Ready-Made investment ISA or Investment Account is 0.24%.  This has been capped to a maximum of £36.  For full details of the charges that apply to your Online investment account please refer to  Our Fund Range and Investments document above.

There are also ongoing fund charges which can be found in the Our Fund Range and Investments document above.

For more information about the funds and past performance visit our Online Investments page.


If you hold a ShareBuilder, all the documents you need are below. Charges for the account are £36 a year Customer Admin Fee which covers an ISA, Share Dealing Account and ShareBuilder, Commission-free regular investing using our scheduled investment service, £9.50 dealing commission for real-time trades, full charges can be found on our charges page. You can sign in to online share dealing to view your account. Please note, that we are currently not accepting new applications for ShareBuilders.

If you have closed your account and want to find out the details you can contact us.

Branch investments

If you made an investment in our branch before April 2014 and you’d like information or want to manage your account call 0345 600 0169. This number will put you through to the customer administration team at HBOS Investment Fund Managers and Scottish Widows Unit Trust Managers, who will be able to help you. Both companies are part of the same group as the Halifax. Please note, all calls may be monitored or recorded and lines are open Mon-Fri 8am-6pm.

You can find important information and documentation about your investment, such as Annual and Interim Reports, Key Investor Information Documents (KIIDs), Supplementary Investor Information Documents (SIIDs) and Prospectuses, on the Scottish Widows website.

Junior ISA

If you hold a Junior Stock and Shares ISA on behalf of your child, all the documents you’ll need are below, or you can sign-in to online share dealing to view your account. Please note, that we’re not currently accepting new applications for our Junior Stocks & Shares ISA.

These documents include all the important information about your child’s Junior Stocks & Shares ISA:

To make any changes to your child’s investment, or just check to see how it’s performing, you can sign in to the Halifax Share Dealing online service at any time.

If you would like to transfer money in to your child’s Junior ISA from another Junior ISA, simply complete and return the transfer form below:

Sign in to view your JISA

If you wish to view the past performance of the fund held in this Junior ISA you can do so by visiting the Scottish Widows website.

Back to top ∧

Personal Investment Plan

Find out more about your Personal Investment Plan (PIP), from how it works and your investment options, through to making a withdrawal.

Back to top ∧

Eligible investments with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). For further information about the compensation provided by the FSCS, refer to the FSCS website at www.fscs.org.uk/. You can also visit our Financial Services Compensation Scheme page for more details.

Halifax Share Dealing Limited. Registered in England and Wales no. 3195646. Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 2RG. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 183332. A Member of the London Stock Exchange and an HM Revenue & Customs Approved ISA Manager.