Please remember that the value of all investments can fall as well as rise, and you may get back less than you invest. If you’re not sure about investing, seek financial advice. Tax treatment depends on personal circumstances and may be subject to change.

Click on one of the below links to find out more information on some of our older investment services.

Child Trust Fund

Children born between 1st September 2002 and 2nd January 2011 were issued with a Child Trust Fund (CTF) voucher from the Government. Vouchers are no longer issued, but if you already have a Child Trust Fund you can still contribute to it.

Change of Provider

From 10th April 2020, unless other arrangements have been made the Halifax Child Trust Fund will move to a new provider, Forester Life Limited. We will stop managing your plan once it moves to the new provider.

If you have a Child Trust Fund we’ll write to you during February 2020 with more details as well as your options. Since 28th February 2020, we no longer accept transfer in requests. If you want to make any additional payments or transfer out please contact us by 3rd April 2020.

You can also find more information about the change of CTF provider at www.scottishwidows.co.uk/ctf

Useful documents:

Key Investor Information Document (PDF)
Supplementary Investor Information Document (PDF)
Additional Payments Form (PDF)
If you want to make a lump sum payment (or top up), and to set up or amend a Direct Debit into your Child Trust Fund.

Branch investments

If you made an investment in our branch before April 2014 and you’d like information or want to manage your account call 0345 600 0169. This number will put you through to the customer administration team at HBOS Investment Fund Managers and Scottish Widows Unit Trust Managers, who will be able to help you. Both companies are part of the same group as the Halifax. Please note, all calls may be monitored or recorded and lines are open Mon-Fri 8am-6pm and Sat 9am-12:30pm.

You can find important information and documentation about your investment, such as Annual and Interim Reports, Key Investor Information Documents (KIIDs), Supplementary Investor Information Documents (SIIDs) and Prospectuses, on the Scottish Widows website.

Fund price information and Fund Factsheets are also available on the Scottish Widows website.

Fund prices – investments started in branch before June 2010
Fund prices – investments started in branch after June 2010

Back to top

Junior ISA

If you hold a Junior Stock and Shares ISA on behalf of your child, all the documents you’ll need are below, or you can sign-in to online share dealing to view your account. Please note, that we’re not currently accepting new applications for our Junior Stocks & Shares ISA.

These documents include all the important information about your child’s Junior Stocks & Shares ISA:

Key Investor Information Document (PDF)
Terms and conditions (PDF)
Order Execution Policy (PDF)
Conflicts of Interest Policy (PDF)
Data Privacy Notice
Funding and investing guide (PDF)

To make any changes to your child’s investment, or just check to see how it’s performing, you can sign in to the Halifax Share Dealing online service at any time.

If you would like to transfer money in to your child’s Junior ISA from another Junior ISA, simply complete and return the transfer form below:

Junior Cash ISA Transfer Form (PDF)

Sign in to view your JISA

Back to top

Personal Investment Plan

Find out more about your Personal Investment Plan (PIP), from how it works and your investment options, through to making a withdrawal.

Back to top

Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh, EH1 1YZ. Bank of Scotland plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 169628.

Eligible investments with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). For further information about the compensation provided by the FSCS, refer to the FSCS website at www.fscs.org.uk/. You can also visit our Financial Services Compensation Scheme page for more details.

fscs logo