Applying for a second credit card
As an existing Halifax credit card customer you can apply for a second credit card.
A second Halifax credit card could give you additional flexibility over your finances with the ability to keep balances separate by using a second card for a specific purchase, event or to consolidate existing credit card debt from other lenders.
A second card may also give you the opportunity to take advantage of different credit card features. You may also be able to redistribute your credit limit between your existing credit cards.
How could a second card help you?
For example, you’re paying off a balance on your existing credit card but would like to put day-to-day spending on a second card.
This could give you the flexibility to keep your current card and apply for a second card.
How to apply for a second credit card:
1. Check you’re eligible to apply
You can apply for a second Halifax Credit Card, subject to the following conditions:
- Your existing card with Lloyds Banking Group isn't a Student Card.
- You’re not applying within 60 days of having opened your first credit card with us.
- You can only have a maximum of two credit cards with Halifax, and a maximum of five with Lloyds Banking Group (which also includes Bank of Scotland and Lloyds Bank).
- Your application is subject to a full credit and affordability check.
2. Compare and apply online.
Compare our range of Halifax Credit Cards and apply online. Excludes customers holding or applying for a Student Card.
Please note: we do not accept balance transfers from other Halifax credit cards.
Other options available on your existing credit card:
- Increase your credit limit; you can review your current credit card limit to meet your needs
- Check for balance transfer offers on your existing credit card; as an existing customer you can benefit from balance transfer offers, which could help you save money and manage your finance
- Request an Additional Cardholder; you can request an additional card for a family member or someone else over 18 years old. All transactions appear on a single monthly statement, so you can easily keep track of family spending.
Halifax Credit Cards are issued by Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No.SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration no. 169628.