Swapping your existing Halifax Credit Card
As an existing Halifax credit card customer you can apply to swap your credit card.
Swapping your Halifax credit card could allow you to take advantage of a new card with different features to suit your current need and lifestyle.
Swapping your card also means you only have one card in your wallet, as your current card will be closed and a new credit card issued.
How could swapping your credit card help you?
For example, you have an existing credit card that doesn’t work for you anymore. You may have taken out a credit card to consolidate your card debt and the balance has been paid off. Now you’d like to put day-to-day spending on a different card.
Swapping your card means you can have a new credit card that meets your current needs.
If you switch cards you may lose any promotional rates you have at the moment and your new card will have its own terms and conditions.
How to apply to swap your credit card:
Check you’re eligible to apply.
You can apply to swap your credit card, subject to the following conditions:
- You are not looking to switch to our Student credit card.
- You are not looking to switch to the same card as your existing card, for example;
- Clarity to a new Clarity credit card
- Low rate credit card to a new promotional interest rate card
- Any card with a promotional interest rate on balance transfers, money transfers or purchases to a new promotional interest rate credit card.
- You can’t apply to swap your credit card within 60 days of having opened your first credit card with Halifax.
- Your application is subject to a full credit and affordability check.
Other options available on your existing credit card:
- Increase your credit limit; you can review your current credit card limit to meet your needs
- Check for balance transfer offers on your existing credit card; as an existing customer you can benefit from balance transfer offers, which could help you save money and manage your finance
- Request an Additional Cardholder; you can request an additional card for a family member or someone else over 18 years old. All transactions appear on a single monthly statement, so you can easily keep track of family spending.
Halifax Credit Cards are issued by Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No.SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration no. 169628.